City of Sydney
Start – February 2021
Completed – December 2021
The key features of the project include：
The project is to improve connections across the area and create safe, green spaces that encourage people to walk and cycle. The 230m underground drain will help ease street flooding and connect drain infrastructure across the Ashmore precinct.
The project will support growth in the precinct and add to the area’s existing community facilities, parks and public spaces.
• a new trunk drain and stormwater connections
• a wider road and on-street parking
• an upgrade of service and utility infrastructure
• garden swales to reduce stormwater pollutants running into the local catchment
• a bi-directional cycleway with connections to the surrounding area
• 3 raised pedestrian crossings and 2 footpath continuation crossings
• a continuous footway treatment on the south side of MacDonald Street
• relocation of above-ground power wires underground
• new energy efficient LED street lights
Carrabay scope of works was to supply and install the reinforcement together with the forming and pouring of the insitu culvert bases and associated drainage pits.
These works were carried out during a staged program working closely with the head contractor and other subcontractors to ensure that areas were not left open to the weather and therefore delaying the works.
Unfortunately the global pandemic affected this project as a number contractors and suppliers involved with the project were in lockdown.
However, since restrictions have lifted the project is progressing very well with both the head contractor and client very happy with the progress.
Due to the nature of the works logistics has been challenging but with close liaison with the head contractor these have been overcome by detailed planning and efficient use of traffic management and road closures.
All Carrabay staff on the project have been commended not just on there attitude towards health and safety but there attention to detail to achieve an exceptional delivery of a project without defect.
50 weeks (Covid affected)
Lump sum and Schedule of rates
Tel: 0404 439 409