North Parkes Mine (NPM)
Completed October 2021
North Parkes Mines is a copper-gold mine near the remote Australian town of Goonumbla, about 27km north-north-west of Parkes, a regional centre in central-west New South Wales.
North Parkes produces high-grade copper-gold concentrate, which is shipped to international smelters.
The Mine Life Extension incorporates the existing mining related activities along with the following major components of the project:
• Continuation of block cave mining
• Development of underground block cave mining
• Campaign open cut mining through development of five open cut resources
• Development of new waste dumps for the management of open cut waste rock.
• Continuation of approved ore processing infrastructure and road haulage of copper concentrate
• Continued use of existing site administration, mining and water supply infrastructure
• Development of an amended access road, new visitors parking and access control
• Continuation of approved mining operations for an additional seven years until the end of 2032
• Rehabilitation and closure of the site after the end of the project life in accordance with relevant legislation
Carrabay were contracted initially by Forefront to Supply, fabrication, delivery and installation of Reinforcing Steel Work for the North Parkes Mine Expansion Project Screen & Crusher Civil Construction Stage 1. The areas of work included:
• CWP 4101 Screen Buildings Footings & Slab
• CWP 4102 Screen Buildings Sump
• CWP 4201 Crusher Building Footings & Slab
• CWP 4202 Crusher Buildings Western Sump
• CWP 4203 Crusher Buildings Eastern Sump
• CWP 4204 Crusher Building Compressor Shed Footings
• CWP 4205 Crusher Building Hydraulic Shed Footings
Once Forefront left the project NMP contracted Carrabay directly to complete the Form, Reinforcement and Pour of the structures and remained on site to close out and complete the scope of works.
Challenging environment working underground. Safety and Quality on the project were complimented on by client with a good strong relationship formed in the successful delivery of this project.
Schedule of Rates
Tel: 0436 621 492